Michael Rosen: All About Me: Band 16/Sapphire (Collins Big Cat)
Collins Big Cat is a guided reading series for ages 4–7 edited by Cliff Moon. Top children’s authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that your children will love to read, banded to help you choose the right book for every child. Practical ideas for guided reading are included at the back of each book.
What's it like to be a writer, radio presenter and performer? Read all about Michael Rosen's life and find out what he was like as a boy, what he got up to at school and how he became a famous poet in this fascinating autobiography.
With a mixture of original artwork, photographs and manuscripts of poems look back over Michael Rosen’s life from boyhood to Children’s Laureate.
The timeline on pages 54-55 track the major events of Michael Rosen’s life that led to him becoming a successful writer.
Sapphire/Band 16 books books offer longer reads to develop children's sustained engagement with texts and are more complex syntactically.
ideas for guided reading at the back of the book provide practical support andf stimulating activities.
• Series editor Cliff Moon is an acknowledged expert in teaching reading, with decades of experience, well known and trusted by teachers.
• Collins has commissioned top children’s authors and illustrators to create guided reading books that children will love to read.
• Highly stimulating illustrations in a variety of styles, from cartoon to photographs, are designed to engage young readers’ interest and imagination.
• The highly visual books support developing literacy skills and provide a wealth of speaking and listening opportunities
• Easily accessible teaching notes at your fingertips are included at the back of every reading book to support classroom management.
• Special pages are provided at the end of the story to help teachers recap, check understanding and move on.